...welcome to my ramblings...

6.28.2010

Family & friends keep me feeling connected...

     It's been awhile since I decided to actually write something on here.  I guess I've just been busy with life.  I found out I am expecting another child & I've been battling so-called "morning sickness" ever since.  I have been thinking a lot about family, friends & so-called friends.  That's where this post is coming from...my latest thoughts.

 
     I am lucky to have family that is there for me.  Regardless of what we are going through or how our opinions might differ, we are there for each other.  That's how family is supposed to be, however there are many out there that aren't blessed with a family who loves them unconditionally.  For those people, I am very sorry.
     That's where friends come in...friends are also supposed to be there for you, no matter what.  Friends are supposed to love you unconditionally.  Friends like this are like family.  There is a connection there - a bond, which is close to that bond you have with your family.  Friends like these don't come around very often in life.  These friends could move away, and yet when you see them, it's as if you have seen one another every day for years.  Friends like this are important.
     Then there are so-called friends.  People who call you their friend, but aren't necessarily there for you.  They are there to see how you can benefit them.  They do not love you unconditionally.  They will act one way when you are around & then when you aren't there, they may even talk bad about you. They will try to connect with you, if you have something they need or want.  The connection with them isn't healthy.  In fact, I find it to be destructive.  I say, be weary of these friends.
     For now, I think I'm done with my rant.  I just want to say I am so thankful for a family who will always be there....and there are a lot of them!  I am also very thankful that I have a few friends that I will be connected to forever. 

1 comment:

melissamae said...

i miss you friend!