...welcome to my ramblings...

2.18.2010

New things...

     I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to trying new things.  I don't usually show my anxiety to the outside world, but inside I am totally nervous and, I admit it, a little worried about what others might think. But I don't let that stop me from doing something I want to do.  In fact, the wonder of what others might think may be a part of what pushes me to actually do something new and different.
     Last night I tried something new and completely different than anything I've ever done.  I took a new type of work out class.  I wasn't with a friend or relative; I went all by myself.  It was something that some may view as inappropriate.  Some may look at me a little different for even attempting this new type of art form.  But I don't care.  I had fun.  On the way home I could even feel my abs!  They had definitely had a workout!
     This morning I woke up sore from my new work out.  If you are one to work out, you know when you wake up sore from a work out, it's sort of a good feeling.  You feel good knowing that what you did actually made some sort of positive impact on your body.  That's what I felt this morning when I woke up sore.  I was so happy that I had worked out my body and had fun while doing it.
     I think I am going to continue this new work out.  I'll be signing up for a six week course.  Hopefully my body won't kill me for it.  Trying new things is good. 

No comments: